About This Special Issue
Railway track is the main structural and functional component of railway transport. The problems of ensuring the strength, stability and durability of railway structures are crucial for safety function of railway transport. A separate task is forecasting and modeling of safe operation times of railway transport constructions. In the world of scientific practice, various methods of solving problems to study the strength and stability of railway track constructions are used: for example, experimental and theoretical methods and mathematical modeling are applied.
Theoretical methods include standard approved methodies for engineering calculations of strength, stability and durability of railway structures give (as a rule) insufficiently precise (i.e., approximate) solutions to determine unknown deformations and stresses in structural constructions. But, in addition, theoretical methods include non-standard scientific decisions the same problems, which allow to obtain significantly more accurate results in determining these unknowns characteristics.
In this Special Issue, there is intended to collect and consider the various ways and methods of solving problems that mentioned above, and to choose the most optimal and correct methods of solutions, if it possible.
Aims and Scope:
- Railway track and railway structures. Railway switches and railway crossings. Designing and of researches railway track construction. Geometrical and physical-mechanics characteristics of railway track constructions.
- Strength and stability of railway track and railway structures. The stiffness and elasticity of the railway threads and railway track constructions.
- Interaction of railway track with rolling stock. Theoretical and experimental methods of researches forces, deformations and stresses in elements of railway track, railway structures and rolling vehicles.
- Mathematical modeling of the interaction of railway track and rolling vehicles. Researches of forces, deformations and stresses in elements of railway structures by mathematical modeling methods.
- Durability of railway track and railway switches and railway crossings. Forecasting and modeling safe operation times of railway structures and railway switches and crossings.
- Theoretical and experimental mechanics of materials and structures. Elastoplastic contact problems.
- Stress-strain calculation of railway track and structure elements by finite elements method.
- Stability and vibration of rolling vehicles and railway track. Researches of vertical and horizontal irregularities on rails and railway switches and railway crossings surfaces by calculations and modeling methods.
- Structure and properties of materials for railway transport constructions. Calculation and simulation material structures by method “3-d reconstruction”.